Hydrороgоnellа Gymnоstоmа оr knоwn аs Queen Mоss, it’s extremely rаre аnd exоtiс аquаrium mоss рlаnt. This рlаnt nаtive tо trорiсаl Сentrаl Аmeriса аnd Sоuth Аmeriса. It hаs very sоft leаves. This рlаnt hаs сrоwn like аррeаrаnсe the wаy the frоnds grоw, thаt why thаt’s рlаnt is very exоtiс.
Queen Mоss like оther аquаrium mоss рlаnts, it саn live in lоw teсh аquаrium with lоw СО2 аnd lоw light. But, thаt’s рlаnt will grоw well in enоugh СО2 аnd medium tо high lighting аnd аdding regulаrly fertilizing.
It’s very simрle fоr treаtment, trimming this рlаnt оn а regulаr bаsis tо keeр it сleаn аnd beаutiful. Queen Mоss саn live in emerged. Thаt’s рlаnt саn grоw quiсkly in emerged thаn рlаnting in the аquаrium.
The benefit of Aquatic Moss
EASY TO MAINTAIN - You do not need any extra Co2 or special lighting. For maintenance, you can trim this plant every few weeks or leave it to grow into a wild looking moss forest for your fish to hide out
FOOD SOURCE FOR SHRIMP AND FRY - This moss can harbor infusorians. These are minute organisms that are vital first food for newborn fry. Shrimp may also like to feed off the microorganisms on the moss wall.
SOFT AND COMFORTING FOR FISH - This moss is not only beautiful but practical too. It will provide a safe place for shrimp, fry, and betta to hide in when they feel stressed. This is especially useful in a breeding tank.
CREATE A MOSS WALL OR MOSS CARPET - Sandwich this lush piece of aquatic moss in between plastic or metal mesh, this will create an attractive, green backdrop in your aquarium.
PROVIDES SOME OXYGEN - Like plants in general, moss sucks up CO2 and release oxygen in the water. If you don’t like noisy air stones, this moss is a great addition to help you oxygenate your tank.
SUCKS UP NITRATES , AMMONIA AND OTHER NASTIES, ALSO HELP TO REDUCE ALGAE - Byproducts of fish waste, nitrates are harmless to most healthy fish under 30ppm, but as their numbers increase over time, they can stress and kill your fish. it’s usually not a large amount. Still, any nitrate absorbent is a benefit to your tank’s ecosystem.
- Temperature: 20 - 28
- pH: 5.8 - 7.5
- Lighting: Low to moderate
- Aquarium Placement: Any
- Care: Easy
- Suitable for Beginner: Yes
- Can Live in Emersed: Yes
We can’t ship Livestock and Live Plants to WA and TAS due to State Restrictions. Kindly check out our DOA and other policies before purchase!!
Other things to consider before placing an order:
* Check to see if your tank has enough space.
* Ensure your tank is fully cycled.
* Ensure your new livestock is compatible tank mates for any other fish you currently have (in terms of habitat, species, requirements, temperament, and size)
* Ensure that your water parameters, habitat and temperature are suitable for the species you want to introduce.
* Do not stock your tank too quickly, or suddenly a large influx of fish can unbalance your water parameters that will affect the water quality.
* Do not feed your new fish for 24hrs. They need time to settle in and feel at home. Feeding them too quickly puts their health at risk, and it can even affect your water quality. If you have existing fish in your aquarium, feeding them before releasing the new fish is a good idea.
* Don’t be alarmed if, upon arrival, your fish, shrimp or snail look pale or lethargic. This is normal behaviour while in transit, and they should return to full colour and vibrancy after settling into their new home for a few days.
Also, be aware that livestock often gets stress and lose their colours after the long travel to you, this often happened to most livestock ( shrimps, guppies, plecos, and so on, kindly make sure you have the right set up, the aquarium must be fully cycled with the ideal parameters. Fishes and shrimps will often take from 3-7 days to fully adapt to the new home. If you have any concerns with your set up kindly talk to us or check out some online tutorials before purchase.
At Micro Aquatic shop, we strive to provide excellent service and high-quality products, any concerns kindly contact us asap and often we will get back to you in a few hours during working hours. We do not accept claims when the livestock entered your aquarium as there might be so many factors that can affect the wellbeing of the livestock, on our part we can guarantee that we are always sending out healthy and quality fishes and shrimps to you.
What to Expect from Us
All Aquatic plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee!!
Limited Quantity Available - Will Sell out Fast!
There is absolutely ZERO Risk in buying from our trusted store as we use Encrypted SSL certificates for 100% Security so you don't have to worry about your security!