These are livestock that live in group hence its best to get them
as the quantity we suggest to make sure they are happy and thrive together ❤
Red Cherry Shrimp Medium & High Grade from our MAS
✅ Size: 0.6 - 1cm
Red Cherry Shrimp from our Micro Aquatic Shop (MAS), you will get the better form, quality and color of them. Definitely a wonderfull addition in your shrimp collection.
The Cherry Shrimp (Neocaridina heteropoda), also known as Red Cherry Shrimp or RCS, is a dwarf freshwater shrimp native to Taiwan. It belongs to the Atyidae family of invertebrates, of which there are more than 20 other varieties of Shrimp. Red cherry shrimp is a freshwater Shrimp that is incredibly peaceful and renowned for its algae eating capabilities. Suitable for both beginners and experienced aquarists, it is one of the hardest and easiest to keep Shrimp available.
They will add colour into any tank which they are placed in and are very undemanding requiring very little upkeep. Interestingly in the wild, red cherry shrimp for aquarium come in a variety of colours, however, in the aquarium trade, you will generally only find them in red. Their deep red is due to years of the selective breed; in fact, they are now graded depending on the shade and depth of red (more on this later). This invertebrate is very hardy and will survive in nearly all freshwater aquarium setups. It will thrive in heavily planted setups with lots of shelter and hiding spots.
Key Features of Red Cherry Shrimp:
Binomial Name: Neocaridina davidi
Size: Usually no bigger than 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)
Colour: Red (Red is the most frequently sold morph)
Red Cherry Shrimp Breeding: Breed in a freshwater
Red Cherry Shrimp Diet: Red cherry shrimp food like fish flakes, shrimp pellets, fish pellets, and algae wafers.
Water Temperature: 25.56°C with a wider range possible
Aquarium pH: 7.0 – 7.8, although some suggest a wider range is acceptable
Aquarium Lighting: Standard community tank lighting works
Red Cherry Shrimp Lifespan: A year, or a little longer
Red Cherry Shrimp Behaviour:
Red Cherry Shrimp Online - They are known for their peaceful and non-aggressive behaviour.
- If you watch them you will see that they spend large periods of their day grazing on whatever is in your aquarium plants, moss, substrate, etc.
- They are very active and will be busy during the day and night.
Red Cherry Shrimp Tank Conditions:
- Moss is needed in the aquarium as they will groom themselves and hide within; you can use java moss. Remember when your shrimp feels safest they will present themselves with the brightest colouration.
- In terms of substrate, you can use small pebbles to replicate the rocky substrate which they are used to
Now onto ideal water conditions for your inverts.
- Generally, the lower grade shrimps can tolerate poorer water conditions. However, the higher grade shrimps need better water conditions.
- The pH level should be between 6.5-8.0, and you should maintain a temperature between 65-85 °F.
- Just as a reminder though, you should not place them in an uncycled tank because they are very sensitive to nitrites.
Red Cherry Shrimp Care
Cherry Shrimp are a low-maintenance, self-sufficient invertebrate that requires little maintenance. Red Cherry Shrimp are robust and versatile, and the aquarium water must be stable for them to thrive. The temperature and pH levels should be within the range for a tropical community tank.
- Water Temperature: 72 – 78 Degrees Fahrenheit, with a wider range possible
- Aquarium pH: 7.0 – 7.8, although some suggest a wider range is acceptable
- Aquarium Lighting: Standard community tank lighting works
We can’t ship Livestock and Live Plants to WA and TAS due to State Restrictions. Kindly check out our DOA and other policies before purchase!!
What to Expect from Us
- Everything comes with a 100% live arrival guarantee!!
Other things to consider before placing an order or Buy Red Cherry Shrimp Online:
- Check to see if your tank has enough space.
- Ensure your tank is fully cycled.
- Ensure your new livestock is compatible tank mates for any other fish you currently have (in terms of habitat, species, requirements, temperament, and size)
- Ensure that your water parameters, habitat and temperature are suitable for the species you want to introduce.
- Do not stock your tank too quickly, or suddenly a large influx of fish can unbalance your water parameters that will affect the water quality.
- Do not feed your new fish for 24hrs. They need time to settle in and feel at home. Feeding Red cherry shrimp too quickly puts their health at risk, and it can even affect your water quality. If you have existing fish in your aquarium, feeding them before releasing the new fish is a good idea.
- Don’t be alarmed if, upon arrival, your fish, shrimp or snail look pale or lethargic. This is normal behaviour while in transit, and they should return to full colour and vibrancy after settling into their new home for a few days.
- Also, be aware that livestock often gets stressed and lose their colours after the long travel to you, this often happened to most livestock ( shrimps, guppies, plecos, and so on, kindly make sure you have the right set up, the aquarium must be fully cycled with the ideal parameters.
- Fishes and shrimps will often take from 3-7 days to fully adapt to the new home. If you have any concerns with your set up kindly talk to us or check out some online tutorials before purchase.
Micro Aquatic Shop - Red Cherry Shrimp in Australia
At Micro Aquatic shop, we strive to provide excellent service and high-quality products, any concerns kindly contact us asap and often we will get back to you in a few hours during working hours. We do not accept claims when the livestock enter your aquarium as there might be so many factors that can affect the wellbeing of the livestock, on our part we can guarantee that we are always sending out healthy and quality fish and shrimp to you.
Place your order today to get Red cherry shrimp in Australia at affordable prices.
Limited Quantity Available - Will Sell out Fast!
There is absolutely ZERO risk in buying from our trusted store as we use Encrypted SSL certificates for 100% Security so you don't have to worry about your security!