*Note: Red nose became quite rare now , there are hardly any left in australia atm we will put 7 pcs of Darwin Algae Shrimps to replace the missing Red Nose Shrimps for now until we can source more, ty for understanding
Nerite Snails will clean your tank glass spotless and also clean algae off on rocks and even leaves. Many hobbyists Purchase the Nerite Snail more compared to other algae eaters because of its algae eating abilities than its visual looks.
The Benefit of Nerite Snails
✔️ They form your aquarium cleaning crew
✔️ Keeps the glass and substrate crystal clear
✔️ Consumes all types of algae and waste matter in its path
✔️ Does not overpopulate the tank when placed in freshwater
✔️ Adds attractive colour to the tank, interesting to watch them feed
✔️ Grows in normal to low temperatures with very little extra care
✔️ Very peaceful and do extremely well in community tanks!
✔️ Does not eat plants
The Red-Nosed Shrimp is native to the coastal areas of India and Southeast Asia. They are common to brackish water but will readily adapt to most water conditions and even freshwater habitats. However, if breeding in nature and in an aquarium the larvae will need brackish water to develop. Shortly after birth, the developed larvae can be slowly acclimated to freshwater where it can then thrive. This species is a distinctive species in the shrimp community. They are popular for their Rhino shaped nose and their distinctive red marking on their nose or rostrum. They are different from most common freshwater shrimp in that they actually are true swimmers not runners like most others.
Darwin Algae Shrimp
The Darwin Algae Eating Shrimp is an undescribed species of shrimp that was, until recently, classified as Caridina longisrostris. However, upon scientific revision, it was concluded that the species was more closely related to C. sp. NTnilotica. The species has been collected in numerous locations in the Darwin area, including; Leanyer Swamp, Buffalo Ck., Holmes Jungle, Daly River, and Roper River.
The Darwin Algae Eating Shrimp is a very attractive small shrimp that needs to be kept with smaller non-predatory fish.
We can’t ship Livestock and Live Plants to WA and TAS due to State Restrictions. Kindly check out our DOA and other policies before purchase!!
Other things to consider before placing an order:
* Check to see if your tank has enough space.
* Ensure your tank is fully cycled.
* Ensure your new livestock is compatible tank mates for any other fish you currently have (in terms of habitat, species, requirements, temperament, and size)
* Ensure that your water parameters, habitat and temperature are suitable for the species you want to introduce.
* Do not stock your tank too quickly, or suddenly a large influx of fish can unbalance your water parameters that will affect the water quality.
* Do not feed your new fish for 24hrs. They need time to settle in and feel at home. Feeding them too quickly puts their health at risk, and it can even affect your water quality. If you have existing fish in your aquarium, feeding them before releasing the new fish is a good idea.
* Don’t be alarmed if, upon arrival, your fish, shrimp or snail look pale or lethargic. This is normal behaviour while in transit, and they should return to full colour and vibrancy after settling into their new home for a few days.
Also, be aware that livestock often gets stress and lose their colours after the long travel to you, this often happened to most livestock ( shrimps, guppies, plecos, and so on, kindly make sure you have the right set up, the aquarium must be fully cycled with the ideal parameters. Fishes and shrimps will often take from 3-7 days to fully adapt to the new home. If you have any concerns with your set up kindly talk to us or check out some online tutorials before purchase.
At Micro Aquatic shop, we strive to provide excellent service and high-quality products, any concerns kindly contact us asap and often we will get back to you in a few hours during working hours. We do not accept claims when the livestock entered your aquarium as there might be so many factors that can affect the wellbeing of the livestock, on our part we can guarantee that we are always sending out healthy and quality fishes and shrimps to you.
Limited Quantity Available - Will Sell out Fast!
What to Expect from Us?
- All Aquatic plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee!!
- There is absolutely ZERO risks in buying from our trusted store as we use Encrypted SSL certificates for 100% Security so you don't have to worry about your security!