These are livestock that live in group hence its best to get them
as the quantity we suggest to make sure they are happy and thrive together ❤
✅ Size: 0.6 - 1 cm
Sakura Yellow Shrimp make eye-catching and functional additions to any peaceful freshwater aquarium. Its brilliant yellow colouration adds a beautiful ornamental quality while its purposeful pursuit for algae and organic debris makes the Yellow Shrimp an invaluable aquarium cleanup crew. Surprisingly, Yellow Shrimp is a colour variety of the Red Cherry Shrimp. Through selective breeding, brilliant, yellow strains were developed to achieve the Yellow Shrimp. The addition of the Yellow Shrimp is sure to inject cheerful colour into your aquarium landscape.
These are freshwater shrimp and can live in almost any freshwater aquarium due to their extremely adaptable nature. They are very popular for planted tanks and community tanks, and many people use them in large aquariums for waste management and algae control. They breed very quickly, forming a colony that works as a very effective cleaning crew and enhances any aquarium with its beautiful, sunny colour.
These shrimp grow to a maximum size of 2 inches in length, although this will only be attained by the largest females. The most common maximum length is about 1.5 inches for females and 1.25 inches for males.
Recommended Tank Parameters
- pH level range: 6.4 to 8.0, ideal range: 6.8 to 7.5
- Temperature range: 65° to 80° F
- Water type: kH 0-10; gH 4-14; TDS 80-200
We have kept Sakura Yellow Shrimp in a wide array of water parameters with great success. Though they are extremely adaptable and will thrive in a PH of 6.4 to 8, we have found that the optimum pH is between 6.8 and 7.5. Water temperature can be anywhere from 68° to 80° (Fahrenheit), but the fastest breeding occurs at about 76° F. If you plan to breed the shrimp, you will NEED to have a sponge prefilter on your filter intake to prevent the shrimp from being sucked in.
Grade: High Grade
We can’t ship Livestock and Live Plants to WA and TAS due to State Restrictions. Kindly check out our DOA and other policies before purchase!!
Other things to consider before placing an order:
* Check to see if your tank has enough space.
* Ensure your tank is fully cycled.
* Ensure your new livestock is compatible tank mates for any other fish you currently have (in terms of habitat, species, requirements, temperament, and size)
* Ensure that your water parameters, habitat and temperature are suitable for the species you want to introduce.
* Do not stock your tank too quickly, or suddenly a large influx of fish can unbalance your water parameters that will affect the water quality.
* Do not feed your new fish for 24hrs. They need time to settle in and feel at home. Feeding them too quickly puts their health at risk, and it can even affect your water quality. If you have existing fish in your aquarium, feeding them before releasing the new fish is a good idea.
* Don’t be alarmed if, upon arrival, your fish, shrimp or snail look pale or lethargic. This is normal behaviour while in transit, and they should return to full colour and vibrancy after settling into their new home for a few days.
Also, be aware that livestock often gets stress and lose their colours after the long travel to you, this often happened to most livestock ( shrimps, guppies, plecos, and so on, kindly make sure you have the right set up, the aquarium must be fully cycled with the ideal parameters. Fishes and shrimps will often take from 3-7 days to fully adapt to the new home. If you have any concerns with your set up kindly talk to us or check out some online tutorials before purchase.
At Micro Aquatic shop, we strive to provide excellent service and high-quality products, any concerns kindly contact us asap and often we will get back to you in a few hours during working hours. We do not accept claims when the livestock entered your aquarium as there might be so many factors that can affect the wellbeing of the livestock, on our part we can guarantee that we are always sending out healthy and quality fishes and shrimps to you.
We are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. All orders are processed within 2-3 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in the shipment of your order, we will contact you via email.
Your patience and understanding are very much appreciated. Thank you!