Azolla (mosquito fern, duckweed fern, water fern) is a genus of seven species of aquatic ferns in the family Salviniaceae. They are extremely reduced in form and specialized, looking nothing like other typical ferns but more resembling duckweed or some mosses. Azolla filiculoides is one of just two fern species for which a reference genome has been published.
Mоsquitо fern gets its nаme frоm the belief thаt mоsquitоes саnnоt lаy their eggs in still wаter соvered by this рlаnt. Аzоllа is а trорiсаl аnd sub-trорiсаl wаter рlаnt thаt resembles mоss mоre thаn ferns. It hаs а symbiоtiс relаtiоnshiр with blue-green аlgаe аnd it grоws well аnd quiсkly оn the surfасe оf still оr sluggish wаters. Yоu аre mоst likely tо see it оn the surfасe оf роnds, but slоw-mоving streаms mаy аlsо be а gооd setting fоr mоsquitо fern.
Temperature: 20 - 28 °C
pH: 5.8 - 7.5
Lighting: Low to moderate
Aquarium Placement: Any
Suitable for Beginner: Yes
Can Live in Emersed: Yes
What to Expect from Us
All Aquatic plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee!!
For sale per 10x10cm patch portion
We can’t ship Livestock and Live Plants to WA and TAS due to State Restrictions. Kindly check out our DOA and other policies before purchase!!
Other things to consider before placing an order:
* Check to see if your tank has enough space.
* Ensure your tank is fully cycled.
* Ensure your new livestock is compatible tank mates for any other fish you currently have (in terms of habitat, species, requirements, temperament, and size)
* Ensure that your water parameters, habitat and temperature are suitable for the species you want to introduce.
* Do not stock your tank too quickly, or suddenly a large influx of fish can unbalance your water parameters that will affect the water quality.
* Do not feed your new fish for 24hrs. They need time to settle in and feel at home. Feeding them too quickly puts their health at risk, and it can even affect your water quality. If you have existing fish in your aquarium, feeding them before releasing the new fish is a good idea.
* Don’t be alarmed if, upon arrival, your fish, shrimp or snail look pale or lethargic. This is normal behaviour while in transit, and they should return to full colour and vibrancy after settling into their new home for a few days.
Also, be aware that livestock often gets stress and lose their colours after the long travel to you, this often happened to most livestock ( shrimps, guppies, plecos, and so on, kindly make sure you have the right set up, the aquarium must be fully cycled with the ideal parameters. Fishes and shrimps will often take from 3-7 days to fully adapt to the new home. If you have any concerns with your set up kindly talk to us or check out some online tutorials before purchase.
At Micro Aquatic shop, we strive to provide excellent service and high-quality products, any concerns kindly contact us asap and often we will get back to you in a few hours during working hours. We do not accept claims when the livestock entered your aquarium as there might be so many factors that can affect the wellbeing of the livestock, on our part we can guarantee that we are always sending out healthy and quality fishes, plants and shrimps to you.
Limited Quantity Available - Will Sell out Fast!
There is absolutely ZERO risk in buying from our trusted store as we use Encrypted SSL certificates for 100% Security so you don't have to worry about your security!