A beautiful variety from Japan. It creates compact light green groups against which red-leaved plants look amazing. Stones also look impressive against it - their structure is then more visible against the background of lush greenery. It is easy to grow, although it does not like being shaded by other plants. Bacopa Japan (Serpyllifolia ) makes for a perfect mid-ground bush. Nice shade of green that contrasts most mosses and darker green stems. Bacopa Sp. japan likes strong lighting and can melt out at base if not given good light.
Type: Stem plant
Origin: Asia (Japan)
Growth rate: Fast
Growing Difficulty: Easy
Plant in a group. Single seedlings should be placed in the ground with pointed tweezers at a distance of 2-3 cm at an angle of 70 degrees towards the rear glass of the aquarium.
Trim the plant by cutting off the upper parts at a height of about 5 cm (or depending on the arrangement needs). The cut tops can be re-planted in the substrate, obtaining an even more compact plant dome. After pruning, the plant sprouts, producing new stems with leaves from the cut site.
We can’t ship Livestock and Live Plants to WA and TAS due to State Restrictions. Kindly check out our DOA and other policies before purchase!!
Other things to consider before placing an order:
- Check to see if your tank has enough space.
- Ensure your tank is fully cycled.
- Ensure your new livestock is compatible tank mates for any other fish you currently have (in terms of habitat, species, requirements, temperament, and size)
- Ensure that your water parameters, habitat, and temperature are suitable for the species you want to introduce.
- Do not stock your tank too quickly, or suddenly a large influx of fish can unbalance your water parameters that will affect the water quality.
- Do not feed your new fish for 24hrs. They need time to settle in and feel at home. Feeding them too quickly puts their health at risk, and it can even affect your water quality. If you have existing fish in your aquarium, feeding them before releasing the new fish is a good idea.
- Don’t be alarmed if, upon arrival, your fish, shrimp, or snail look pale or lethargic. This is normal behaviour while in transit, and they should return to full colour and vibrancy after settling into their new home for a few days.
Also, be aware that livestock often gets stress and lose their colours after the long travel to you, this often happened to most livestock ( shrimps, guppies, plecos, and so on, kindly make sure you have the right set up, the aquarium must be fully cycled with the ideal parameters. Fishes and shrimps will often take from 3-7 days to fully adapt to the new home. If you have any concerns with your set up kindly talk to us or check out some online tutorials before purchase.
Micro Aquatic Shop
At Micro Aquatic shop, we strive to provide excellent service and high-quality products, any concerns kindly contact us asap, and often we will get back to you in a few hours during working hours. We do not accept claims when the livestock entered your aquarium as there might be so many factors that can affect the wellbeing of the livestock, on our part we can guarantee that we are always sending out healthy and quality fish, plants, and shrimps to you.
Limited Quantity Available - Will Sell out Fast!
There is absolutely ZERO risk in buying from our trusted store as we use Encrypted SSL certificates for 100% Security so you don't have to worry about your security!