А very niсe new mоss nоt yet fully identified. It belоngs tо the Рilоtriсhасeаe fаmily. Muсh like Weeрing mоss (Vesiсulаriа ferriei), "Рilо mоss" hаs а mоre оr less оverhаnging grоwth hаbit, but unlike the fоrmer, it reliаbly сlings tо the substrаte. Оn flаt аreаs, it fоrms а dense, flаt, deeр green mаt. It is а relаtively slоw grоwer аnd thus оnly needs tо be trimmed rаrely.
Соmmоn nаmes: Рilо mоss
Synоnyms: Hооkeriасeаe sр.
Diffiсulty: very eаsy
Usаge: Eрiрhyte (grоwing оn hаrdsсарe), Fоregrоund, grоund соver
Temрerаture tоlerаnсe: 18 - 26°С
Саrbоnаte hаrdness: 0 - 14°dKH
Рrораgаtiоn: Sрlitting, сutting оff dаughter рlаnts
Саn grоw emersed? yes
Рilо Mоss is Suрer eаsy tо keeр аnd stаys dense; саn grоw in аll kinds оf light, even very lоw light. Greаt fоr shrimр аnd fish breeding! Greаt fоr hаrd оr sоft wаter раrаmeters.
The benefit of Aquatic Moss
EASY TO MAINTAIN - You do not need any extra Co2 or special lighting. For maintenance, you can trim this plant every few weeks or leave it to grow into a wild-looking moss forest for your fish to hideout
FOOD SOURCE FOR SHRIMP AND FRY - This moss can harbour infusorians. These are minute organisms that are vital first food for newborn fry. Shrimp may also like to feed off the microorganisms on the moss wall.
SOFT AND COMFORTING FOR FISH - This moss is not only beautiful but practical too. It will provide a safe place for shrimp, fry, and betta to hide in when they feel stressed. This is especially useful in a breeding tank.
CREATE A MOSS WALL OR MOSS CARPET - Sandwich this lush piece of aquatic moss in between plastic or metal mesh, this will create an attractive, green backdrop in your aquarium.
PROVIDES SOME OXYGEN - Like plants in general, moss sucks up CO2 and release oxygen into the water. If you don’t like noisy air stones, this moss is a great addition to help you oxygenate your tank.
SUCKS UP NITRATES, AMMONIA AND OTHER NASTIES, ALSO HELP TO REDUCE ALGAE - Byproducts of fish waste, nitrates are harmless to most healthy fish under 30ppm, but as their numbers increase over time, they can stress and kill your fish. it’s usually not a large amount. Still, any nitrate absorbent is a benefit to your tank’s ecosystem.
Temperature: 20 - 28
pH: 5.8 - 7.5
Lighting: Low to moderate
Aquarium Placement: Any
Suitable for Beginner: Yes
Can Live in Emersed: Yes
We can’t ship Livestock and Live Plants to WA and TAS due to State Restrictions. Kindly check out our DOA and other policies before purchase!!
Other things to consider before placing an order:
* Check to see if your tank has enough space.
* Ensure your tank is fully cycled.
* Ensure your new livestock is compatible tank mates for any other fish you currently have (in terms of habitat, species, requirements, temperament, and size)
* Ensure that your water parameters, habitat and temperature are suitable for the species you want to introduce.
* Do not stock your tank too quickly, or suddenly a large influx of fish can unbalance your water parameters that will affect the water quality.
* Do not feed your new fish for 24hrs. They need time to settle in and feel at home. Feeding them too quickly puts their health at risk, and it can even affect your water quality. If you have existing fish in your aquarium, feeding them before releasing the new fish is a good idea.
* Don’t be alarmed if, upon arrival, your fish, shrimp or snail look pale or lethargic. This is normal behaviour while in transit, and they should return to full colour and vibrancy after settling into their new home for a few days.
Also, be aware that livestock often gets stress and lose their colours after the long travel to you, this often happened to most livestock ( shrimps, guppies, plecos, and so on, kindly make sure you have the right set up, the aquarium must be fully cycled with the ideal parameters. Fishes and shrimps will often take from 3-7 days to fully adapt to the new home. If you have any concerns with your set up kindly talk to us or check out some online tutorials before purchase.
At Micro Aquatic shop, we strive to provide excellent service and high-quality products, any concerns kindly contact us asap and often we will get back to you in a few hours during working hours. We do not accept claims when the livestock entered your aquarium as there might be so many factors that can affect the wellbeing of the livestock, on our part we can guarantee that we are always sending out healthy and quality fishes and shrimps to you.
What to Expect from Us
All Aquatic plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee!!
Limited Quantity Available - Will Sell out Fast!