These are livestock that live in group hence its best to get them
as the quantity we suggest to make sure they are happy and thrive together ❤
Buy Red Cherry Shrimp in Australia
✅ Size: 0.6 - 1 cm
The Cherry Shrimp (Neocaridina heteropoda), also known as Red Cherry Shrimp or RCS, is a dwarf freshwater shrimp native to Taiwan. It belongs to the Atyidae family of invertebrates, of which there are more than 20 other varieties of Shrimp. Red cherry shrimp is a freshwater Shrimp that is incredibly peaceful and renowned for its algae-eating capabilities. Suitable for beginners and experienced aquarists, it is one of the hardest and most accessible to keep Shrimp available.
If you're looking to buy Red Cherry Shrimp in Australia, you've come to the right place! We have a wide selection of Red Cherry Shrimp for sale at our online store, so you'll find the perfect little critters to add to your aquarium. Please browse our selection and order Red Cherry Shrimp today.
Key Features of Red Cherry Shrimp:
Red Cherry Shrimp are one of the most popular shrimp species among aquarium hobbyists. They are known for their vibrant red coloration, which can add a beautiful pop of color to any freshwater tank. Red Cherry Shrimp are also relatively easy to care for and breed, making them ideal for beginner shrimp keepers.
Some of the key features of Red Cherry Shrimp include:
Binomial Name: Neocaridina davidi
Size: Usually no bigger than 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)
Colour: Red (Red is the most frequently sold morph)
Red Cherry Shrimp Breeding: Breed in a freshwater
Red Cherry Shrimp Diet: Red cherry shrimp food like fish flakes, shrimp pellets, fish pellets, and algae wafers.
Water Temperature: 25.56°C with a wider range possible
Aquarium pH: 7.0 – 7.8, although some suggest a wider range is acceptable
Aquarium Lighting: Standard community tank lighting works
Red Cherry Shrimp Lifespan: A year, or a little longer
Behaviour of Red Cherry Shrimps:
- Red Cherry Shrimps are known for their peaceful and non-aggressive behavior.
If you watch them, you will see that they spend significant periods of their day grazing on whatever is in your aquarium plants, moss, substrate, etc.
- They are very active and will be busy during the day and night.
- They are one of the few species of shrimp that can be kept with most community fish.
- They do best in a group of 3 or more and thrive in planted aquariums with plenty of hiding places.
- Red Cherry shrimp are very easy to care for and excellent for beginners.
Red Cherry Shrimp Tank Conditions:
Moss is needed in the aquarium as they will groom themselves and hide within; you can use java moss. When your shrimp feels safest, they will present themselves with the brightest coloration.
In terms of substrate, you can use small pebbles to replicate the rocky substrate in which they are used to.
Now onto ideal water conditions for your inverts.
- Generally, the lower grade shrimps can tolerate poorer water conditions. However, the higher grade shrimps need better water conditions.
- The pH level should be between 6.5-and 8.0, and you should maintain a temperature between 65-85 °F.
- As a reminder, though, you should not place them in an uncycled tank because they are susceptible to nitrites.
Red Cherry Shrimp Care
Red Cherry Shrimp is a beautiful and widespread species of freshwater shrimp. They are native to East Asia but have been introduced to many other parts of the world through the aquarium trade.
Cherry Shrimp are a low-maintenance, self-sufficient invertebrate that require little maintenance. Red Cherry Shrimp are robust and versatile, and the aquarium water must be stable for them to thrive. The temperature and pH levels should be within the range for a tropical community tank.
- Water Temperature: 72 – 78 Degrees Fahrenheit, with a wider range possible
- Aquarium pH: 7.0 – 7.8, although some suggest a wider range is acceptable
- Aquarium Lighting: Standard community tank lighting works
The Gold Cherry Shrimp is a hardy species that may be kept in most aquariums with hardness and current. The goal is to keep water conditions stable, which means avoiding ammonia spikes, high nitrites, and high nitrates. Also, beware of copper since it can be deadly to aquarium shrimp.
Red Cherry Shrimp Diet & Feeding
Red Cherry Shrimp are omnivorous and will happily eat a variety of foods. They graze on algae, detritus, and small insects in the wild. In the aquarium, they will accept most sinking pellet foods, blanched vegetables, and frozen foods such as bloodworms and brine shrimp. It is essential to offer a varied diet to ensure good health and vitality.
Red Cherry Shrimp are particularly fond of Indian Almond Leaves and Alder Cones, and these can be used to supplement their diet. Both of these items help to maintain water quality and provide essential nutrients.
To ensure your Red Cherry Shrimp are receiving a nutritious diet, it is good to supplement their food with vitamin and mineral supplements designed specifically for shrimp. These can be added to their food or directly to the water.
How often should you feed them?
Red Cherry Shrimp are not particularly greedy and will usually only eat what they need. A good rule of thumb is to offer them food once a day and then remove any uneaten food after a couple of hours. It will help to keep the water quality high and prevent over-feeding.
We can’t ship Livestock and Live Plants to WA and TAS due to State Restrictions. Kindly check out our DOA and other policies before purchasing!!
What to Expect from Us
Other things to consider before placing an order or Buy Red Cherry Shrimp Online:
- Check to see if your tank has enough space.
- Ensure your tank is fully cycled.
- Ensure your new livestock is compatible tank mates for any other fish you currently have (in terms of habitat, species, requirements, temperament, and size)
- Ensure that your water parameters, habitat and temperature are suitable for the species you want to introduce.
- Do not stock your tank too quickly, or suddenly a large influx of fish can unbalance your water parameters that will affect the water quality.
- Do not feed your new fish for 24hrs. They need time to settle in and feel at home. Feeding Red cherry shrimp too quickly puts their health at risk, and it can even affect your water quality. If you have existing fish in your aquarium, feeding them before releasing the new fish is a good idea.
- Don’t be alarmed if, upon arrival, your fish, shrimp or snail look pale or lethargic. This is normal behaviour while in transit, and they should return to full colour and vibrancy after settling into their new home for a few days.
- Also, be aware that livestock often gets stress and lose their colours after the long travel to you, this often happened to most livestock ( shrimps, guppies, plecos, and so on, kindly make sure you have the right set up, the aquarium must be fully cycled with the ideal parameters.
- Fishes and shrimps will often take from 3-7 days to fully adapt to the new home. If you have any concerns with your set up kindly talk to us or check out some online tutorials before purchase.
Micro Aquatic Shop - Red Cherry Shrimp in Australia
Dreaming of Red Cherry Shrimp in Australia? Micro Aquatic Shop has you covered! Cherry shrimp are a popular choice for nano and planted aquariums due to their small size and peaceful nature. Red cherry shrimp are especially popular, as their vibrant red coloration adds a splash of color to any aquarium.
At Micro Aquatic shop, we strive to provide excellent service and high-quality products. If you have any concerns, kindly contact us ASAP. We will often get back to you in a few hours during working hours. We have a wide selection of Red Cherry Shrimp available for purchase online. So you can find the perfect shrimp for your aquarium.
On our part, we can guarantee that we are constantly sending out healthy and quality fish and shrimp to you. Place your order today to get Red cherry shrimp in Australia at affordable prices.
Place your order today to get Red cherry shrimp in Australia at affordable prices.
Limited Quantity Available - Will Sell out Fast!
There is absolutely ZERO risk in buying from our trusted store as we use Encrypted SSL certificates for 100% Security, so you don't have to worry about your security!