Ramshorn Snails are very attractive and are great for adding some color and decoration to your aquarium, but they also serve some very useful purposes. They clean algae off of glass, plants, and decorations, they eat hair algae, and they keep your substrate clean and the correct color. While they are effective algae-eaters, they do not harm live plants.
They are totally safe with any fish, shrimp, or plants, and are completely peaceful. They're hilarious if you have dwarf shrimp like we do - the shrimp love to ride around on the snails! These snails also reproduce very quickly, making them a great live food starter colony for puffers and other animals that eat snails.
Red Ramshorn Snail shells range from a bright pink to a sharp-looking maroon, but most are closer toward the pink side of the spectrum. Their bodies are always bright red or pink. The snails usually ship as juveniles that are pea-sized, but may sometimes be smaller. Even the smallest snail will be adult breeding size within 2 months. These snails can grow up to 1 or 2 inches in diameter.
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- pH level range: 7.0 and up
- Temperature range: 60° - 80° F (16° - 27° C)
- Water type: Soft to hard
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Other types of snails (Nerite snails, Mystery Snails, Sulawesi Snails, etc.), dwarf shrimp (such as Blue Velvet shrimp, Sakura Fire Red Cherry Shrimp, Neon Yellow Shrimp, etc.). They can also be kept with small to medium-sized, non-aggressive fish.
- Additional notes: Ramshorn Snails are not picky at all about their water parameters, and they tend to reproduce like crazy in almost any conditions. If you run into problems with snail overpopulation, a few Assassin Snails will quickly take care of the problem. Ramshorn Snails eat algae, waste, and invertebrate pellets or fish food. Snails are very sensitive to copper, so watch out for copper if you use tap water in your tank.
We can’t ship Livestock and Live Plants to WA and TAS due to State Restrictions. Kindly check out our DOA and other policies before purchase!!
Other things to consider before placing an order:
* Check to see if your tank has enough space.
* Ensure your tank is fully cycled.
* Ensure your new livestock is compatible tank mates for any other fish you currently have (in terms of habitat, species, requirements, temperament, and size)
* Ensure that your water parameters, habitat and temperature are suitable for the species you want to introduce.
* Do not stock your tank too quickly, or suddenly a large influx of fish can unbalance your water parameters that will affect the water quality.
* Do not feed your new fish for 24hrs. They need time to settle in and feel at home. Feeding them too quickly puts their health at risk, and it can even affect your water quality. If you have existing fish in your aquarium, feeding them before releasing the new fish is a good idea.
* Don’t be alarmed if, upon arrival, your fish, shrimp or snail look pale or lethargic. This is normal behaviour while in transit, and they should return to full colour and vibrancy after settling into their new home for a few days.
Also, be aware that livestock often gets stress and lose their colours after the long travel to you, this often happened to most livestock ( shrimps, guppies, plecos, and so on, kindly make sure you have the right set up, the aquarium must be fully cycled with the ideal parameters. Fishes and shrimps will often take from 3-7 days to fully adapt to the new home. If you have any concerns with your set up kindly talk to us or check out some online tutorials before purchase.
At Micro Aquatic shop, we strive to provide excellent service and high-quality products, any concerns kindly contact us asap and often we will get back to you in a few hours during working hours. We do not accept claims when the livestock entered your aquarium as there might be so many factors that can affect the wellbeing of the livestock, on our part we can guarantee that we are always sending out healthy and quality fishes and shrimps to you.
Limited Quantity Available - Will Sell out Fast!
There is absolutely ZERO Risk in buying from our trusted store as we use Encrypted SSL certificates for 100% Security so you don't have to worry about your security!