Amazon Sword Plant
The Amazon Sword Plant (Echinodorus amazonicus) is quite popular in the aquarium hobby because of its impressive size, its simple yet majestic beauty, and its minimal care requirements. This plant can grow up to 20 inches in height with the proper lighting and water quality. The formation of its stems and leaves makes it a member of the Rosette plants, which are known for their extremely short stem axes and the way their leaves grow upward from the base of the plant.
- The plant forms a thick rosette from its long narrow bright green leaves. Large-sized species are about 35-40 cm high and occupy quite a large areas. However, you can keep Amazon sword in a rather small tank as well. The plant grows uniformly all the year-round.
- Sometimes the plant is mistaken for Echinodorus bleheri since these species are closely related and the latter is also called an Amazon sword.
- Moreover, Echinodorus bleheri is pushing out the first plant species, since it is less demanding and looks more appealing. The difference between these two plants is quite insignificant. Echinodorus bleheri leaves are wider and their green colouring is darker, while Echinodorus amazonicus has lanceolate and a bit deflexed leaves.
- Echinodorus amazonicus fluffy bush looks more elegant than that of alike Echinodorus bleheri. Bent sharpened tips of the leaves make the bush especially good looking. Besides, it is on average 10 cm shorter than Echinodorus bleheri bush, which allows using it in smaller tanks and it never gets out of water.
- It has incredible blooming – not too dark and not too bright green, but just the right lively green colour that can make any tank look natural and bright. It also looks good when thickly planted and if you put it as a single plant, the astonishing structure of the bush with ‘weeping’ tips of its leaves is clearly seen.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Sword-shaped leaves
- Minimal care requirements
- Fantastic background plant
- Impressive size
- Temperature: 72° - 82° F (22.2° - 27.8° C)
- pH: 6.0 - 7.5
- Lighting: Low to moderate
- Origin: Tank-raised, but indigenous through the Western Hemisphere from the United States down through Argentina.
- Aquarium placement: Background
- Care: Easy to moderate
Size: small - medium - large
Limited Quantity Available - Will Sell out Fast!
We can’t ship Livestock and Live Plants to WA and TAS due to State Restrictions. Kindly check out our DOA and other policies before purchase!!
Thank you for shopping with us