Small Amazon Sword Plant For Sale
Buy Echinodorus Aquarium Plants
The Amazon Sword plant (Echinodorus amazonicus) is quite popular in the aquarium hobby because of its impressive size, its simple yet majestic beauty, and its minimal care requirements. This plant can grow up to 20 inches in height with the proper lighting and water quality. The formation of its stems and leaves makes it a member of the Rosette plants, which are known for their extremely short stem axes and the way their leaves grow upward from the base of the plant.
- The plant forms a thick rosette from its long narrow bright green leaves. Large-sized species are about 35-40 cm high and occupy quite a large areas. However, you can keep Amazon sword in a rather small tank as well. The plant grows uniformly all the year-round.
- Sometimes the plant is mistaken for Echinodorus bleheri since these species are closely related and the latter is also called an Amazon sword.
- Moreover, Echinodorus bleheri is pushing out the first plant species, since it is less demanding and looks more appealing. The difference between these two plants is quite insignificant. Echinodorus bleheri leaves are wider and their green coloring is darker, while Echinodorus amazonicus has lanceolate and a bit deflexed leaves.
- Echinodorus amazonicus fluffy bush looks more elegant than that of alike Echinodorus bleheri. Bent sharpened tips of the leaves make the bush especially good looking. Besides, it is on average 10 cm shorter than Echinodorus bleheri bush, which allows using it in smaller tanks and it never gets out of water.
- It has incredible blooming – not too dark and not too bright green, but just the right lively green color that can make any tank look natural and bright. It also looks good when thickly planted and if you put it as a single plant, the astonishing structure of the bush with ‘weeping’ tips of its leaves is clearly seen.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Sword-shaped leaves
- Minimal care requirements
- Fantastic background plant
- Impressive size
- Temperature: 72° - 82° F (22.2° - 27.8° C)
- pH: 6.0 - 7.5
- Lighting: Low to moderate
- Origin: Tank-raised, but indigenous through the Western Hemisphere from the United States down through Argentina.
- Aquarium placement: Background
- Care: Easy to moderate
For sale: 1 small to medium plan
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.