The Threadfin Rainbowfish or Featherfin rainbowfish (Iriatherina werneri) is a rainbow fish, the only species in the genus Iriatherina. It is characterized by long beautiful fins and is among the most attractive of the rainbowfishes.
The Threadfin Rainbowfish Iriatherina werneri is a subtle beauty in both its color and exquisite form. The elegant beauty of these fish may be rather hard to believe when you consider the size of this fish, being only about 2 inches (5 cm) long.
The Threadfin Rainbowfish has variable gray-green, yellow, red, and blue body coloration with bright colors that extend to its fins. While these colors are fainter in juveniles, they intensify as the fish reaches adulthood as long as a varied diet of high-quality omnivorous foods is provided.
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 72° - 86° F (22° - 30° C)
- pH: 5.0 - 8.0
- KH: 7 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Diet: Omnivorous. High-quality flake, freeze-dried and frozen foods, both meaty and plant-based.
- Social behavior: Peaceful, schooling. Males can be somewhat aggressive in pairs, but not when kept in groups with several females.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to Indonesia, New Guinea, and Australia
- Average adult size: 1.2 - 2 inches (3 - 5 cm)
Selling Size : ~3cm
We are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. All orders are processed within 2-3 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in the shipment of your order, we will contact you via email.
Your patience and understanding are very much appreciated. Thank you!
Let customers speak for us