Fire Red Cherry Shrimp
The Fire Red Cherry Shrimp is the higher quality version of the regular Cherry Shrimp. These guys have been selectively bred for the darker red through generations of culling.
The Fire Red Shrimp is the most popular choice for freshwater shrimp hobbyists thanks to its availability, affordability, beautiful bright red colouration, and ease of care. Fire Red Shrimp make a striking and dynamic addition to a freshwater aquarium and will stand out beautifully against a dark substrate. These shrimp are very active as they scavenge the tank, cleaning up waste and leftover food. They love to feed off of naturally occurring biofilm and algae, especially in a planted tank. For this reason, they can be quite low maintenance; in fact, they can even help keep your tank clean! Fire Red Shrimp can withstand a pretty wide range of water parameters, and their life expectancy can be up to 2 years if they are kept well. These shrimp are eager breeders, making them a great choice for beginners to freshwater shrimp breeding. Fire Red Shrimp are not an aggressive species, and this combined with their versatility makes them a good option as tank companions.
Fire Red Shrimp are tolerant to a fairly wide range of water parameters, making them excellent for pairing with other species. As long as the shrimp are acclimated properly to your chosen parameters and are not subjected to extreme changes in temperature or acidity, they are adaptable and resilient. They will tolerate soft or hard water. The ideal water parameters are 21 -30 degree with 7 to 7.5 pH. However, as mentioned, you may keep them outside of these parameters as long as the shrimp are protected from extreme or frequent fluctuations.
- Ph: 7 to 8.0
- TDS: 180 to 300
- Temp: 24c
- Filter: Sponge Filter
- Substrate: Inert Substrate
- Water: Decolorinated Tap Water.
- Decor: Driftwood, Moss and Indian Almond Leaves
For sale are shrimp juvies ( About 4-6 weeks, roughly 45 days ) ~ 5 to 10 mm in size, and will reach breeding age in 45 days
Grade : High
We can’t ship Livestock and Live Plants to WA and TAS due to State Restrictions. Kindly check out our DOA and other policies before purchase!!
Other things to consider before placing an order:
* Check to see if your tank has enough space.
* Ensure your tank is fully cycled.
* Ensure your new livestock is compatible tank mates for any other fish you currently have (in terms of habitat, species, requirements, temperament, and size)
* Ensure that your water parameters, habitat and temperature are suitable for the species you want to introduce.
* Do not stock your tank too quickly, or suddenly a large influx of fish can unbalance your water parameters that will affect the water quality.
* Do not feed your new fish for 24hrs. They need time to settle in and feel at home. Feeding them too quickly puts their health at risk, and it can even affect your water quality. If you have existing fish in your aquarium, feeding them before releasing the new fish is a good idea.
* Don’t be alarmed if, upon arrival, your fish, shrimp or snail look pale or lethargic. This is normal behaviour while in transit, and they should return to full colour and vibrancy after settling into their new home for a few days.
Also, be aware that livestock often gets stress and lose their colours after the long travel to you, this often happened to most livestock ( shrimps, guppies, plecos, and so on, kindly make sure you have the right set up, the aquarium must be fully cycled with the ideal parameters. Fishes and shrimps will often take from 3-7 days to fully adapt to the new home. If you have any concerns with your set up kindly talk to us or check out some online tutorials before purchase.
At Micro Aquatic shop, we strive to provide excellent service and high-quality products, any concerns kindly contact us asap and often we will get back to you in a few hours during working hours. We do not accept claims when the livestock entered your aquarium as there might be so many factors that can affect the wellbeing of the livestock, on our part we can guarantee that we are always sending out healthy and quality fishes and shrimps to you.
Limited Quantity Available - Will Sell out Fast!
What to Expect from Us
All Aquatic plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee!!
There is absolutely ZERO Risk in buying from our trusted store as we use Encrypted SSL certificates for 100% Security so you don't have to worry about your security!